Youth Services Assistant - Collingswood Public Library
The Collingswood Public Library is Hiring!
Position: Youth Services Assistant
Employer: Collingswood Public Library, Borough of Collingswood, NJ (Camden County)
Posting Date: August 1, 2022
Deadline to apply: August 26, 2022
Schedule: 20-25 hours per week [PT], includes one evening and some weekends. Must be available
Monday-Friday from 1:30-5:30.
Education: 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Experience working with teens and tweens preferred
Under guidance of the Head of Youth Services, the candidate will:
- Coordinate programming for teens and tweens, including: organizing, publicizing, and staffing programs and activities focused on education and enrichment for teens and tweens in the Collingswood Community.
- Support the Youth Services department by shelving and repairing books, assisting with Children’s programs, providing service to patrons, creating book displays, reviewing donations, and making purchase recommendations.
- Uphold the library’s mission, vision and values, including a commitment to the principals of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Clearly and consistently communicate and enforce the policies and procedures adopted by the Collingswood Public Library.
- Assist on the Reference Desk or Circulation Desk as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability running programs for a variety of audiences.
- Experience working with tweens and teens and an understanding of their unique needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging social media and internet trends.
- Proficiency in teaching new skills to a broad range of learners.
- Record of maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to update website in WordPress.
- Experience updating professional social media pages.
- Proven project management and problem resolution skills.
- Physical Duties: lifting up to 15 lbs.; sitting and standing for periods of time.
- Residency in the State of New Jersey required in accordance with NJ Revised Statutes §52:14-7.
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Current library students pursuing a Master’s in Library and Information Science are encouraged to apply.
The Borough of Collingswood is an Equal Opportunity Employer