SQL Server Database Administrator
**Candidates are highly encouraged to officially apply through the company's application system at:
About the Comptroller's Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller's Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas' accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
Click below to see an inside look at the Texas Comptroller's office!
The SQL Server Database Administration Team is a mission critical team that provides exceptional customer service for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts IT Division. We are seeking an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team supporting our custom IT infrastructure, while working closely with the Agency's application development teams and various other IT and business teams. As part of the SQL Server Database Administration Team, you will be continually challenged and directly contribute to the success of IT. You'll be working with a variety of teams leading SQL Server data administration activities for new and reengineered applications for agencies of the State of Texas. You'll be an integral part of the project team and work closely with application developers and the data architect team.
You are a great fit for this position if you are a team player, are exceptional at attention to details, have excellent communication skills and sound judgement, and work well in a dynamic environment.
Teleworking may be considered if certain working conditions are met. The candidate must have permanent residency within the state of Texas and must be able to meet in office requirements, which can vary among different sections (i.e. report to office 1 day/month, 3 days/week, etc.). Travel reimbursements are not provided for teleworking.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of SQL server database administration experience -including executing performance and tuning, and data analysis techniques
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems
• Experience in application design, coding and testing of software applications.
• Experience with SQL Server database utilities.
• Third party utilities such as Redgate and AppDynamics.
• Knowledge in other database platforms such as DB2, MySQL and Oracle.
• Experience with database administration of Microsoft SQL 2016 or greater.
• Mongo DB Administration, Development or Design experience.
1 additional year of Database Administration experience in SQL Server may substitute for thirty (30) semester hours of educational requirement with a maximum substitution of 120 semester hours (four years).
In this role you will:
• Coordinate software implementation related to the administration, monitoring, and operation of SQL Server databases
• Develop physical database environments from a logical model following Comptroller standards and procedures
• Monitor the database environment to maximize database availability ensuring response time service levels are achieved and take proactive steps to minimize issues
• Diagnose and resolve database and performance related problems utilizing various tools and techniques including custom developed application scripts