Software Engineer Intern 2023
At Voloridge Investment Management we implement sophisticated machine learning techniques to solve the extremely challenging problem of modelling and predicting financial markets. We build our own software which we use to drive and execute trade decisions. We maintain a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where everyone contributes to the design and implementation of our software platform. We are seeking a Software Engineer Intern to join our talented development team to work in a diverse environment of open source and “off the shelf” technologies.
Summary of Job Functions
- Implement tools to enable teams to go faster, contribute directly to product functionality, and triage and resolve issues in close coordination with other developers in complex environments.
- Participate in the team's software development process and tooling.
- Conduct research on best practices in software development and their application to the field of quantitative investment and present findings to the team.
- Completion of at least three years of an undergraduate degree program in Computer Science.
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) fundamentals and design patterns.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python / C# / .Net .
- Strong math background.
- Onsite preferred (Jupiter, FL). Housing and transportation provided where applicable.
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- SQL and / or experience working with large, complex data sets a plus.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Committed to quality and customer service.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to tackle challenging problems and hungry to learn.
- Adaptable and self-motivated.
MUST APPLY ONLINE AT https://voloridge-investment-management.hiringthing.com/job/447974/software-engineer-intern-2023