**Candidates are highly encouraged to officially apply through the company's application system at:
About the Comptroller’s Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller’s Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas' accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
Click here to see an inside look at the Texas Comptroller’s office!
Performs highly complex (senior-level) computer programming work. Work involves carrying out and/or coordinating programming projects, analyzing proposed applications, and designing software solutions. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment in the Operations Support section in the Revenue Accounting Division.
Graduation from a college or university with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years analytical or problem-solving experience.
- Trained and proficient in the use of SAS
Two (2) years experience working with Sales Tax related processes and tasks.
One (1) additional year of experience performing analytical or problem-solving work may substitute for thirty semester hours of educational requirement with a maximum substitution of 120 semester hours (four years).
In this role you will:
- Coordinates and/or performs work on programming projects including those that are highly complex in nature and/or large-scale utilizing SAS.
- Responsible for the creation and enhancement of numerous reports used by division supervisors to assist with production, inventory, dollar amounts related to refunds and completion statistics.
- Oversees projects that cross functional agency systems and involves other state agencies or entities that require coordinating, planning and scheduling during project development and implementation relating to Revenue Accounting or other divisions upon request.
- Produces and provides ad hoc reports to assist in projecting revenue, task inventory with regard to legislative changes and in response to specific Open Records requests.
- Writes complex software code and debugs software.
- Coordinates and/or writes test plans and test data.
- Develops instructions or manuals for end users.
- Review assignments and prioritizes workload. Identifies, determine and documents problems in system design, forms, workflow, policies and procedures and proposes action for improvement.
- Responds to inquiries both verbally and in writing. Provides information to co-workers, management and other agency personnel.
- Works on special projects as assigned.