Video Editor Intern
AHA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to protect, preserve and promote western freedoms and ideals. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist and best-selling author Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007.
We are seeking a creative and independent intern to support the production of our multimedia content.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while delivering high quality products
- Experience using some form of video editor, including iMovie, WeVideo, FinalCut or Adobe Premiere
- Create original short-form videos, animated and video content from events, that engages, educates, and inspires AHA Foundation's audience on topics like female genital mutilation, child and forced marriage, honor violence, Islamism, and more
- Form production schedules and follow it closely while developing timely video and graphic elements on multiple platforms
- Understand social media algorithms and how to best utilize certain videos for specific channels
- Exercise creativity and explore your own ideas.
- Support all aspects of AHA Foundation media production
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to client's specifications
What we are looking for:
- An independent, self-motivated college student or recent graduate with ideally at least one year of video editing experience, and understanding of Youtube best practices in terms of naming videos, creating thumbnails, creating descriptions, and scheduling videos
- A passionate storyteller who uses journalistic principles to translate research into writing, exercises sound editorial judgment, and recognizes viable story ideas.
- A consistent and reliable team player who values attention to detail and is comfortable working with little supervision to meet deadlines.
All Applicants Must:
- Be able to work remotely with consistent communication with the AHA Foundation team
- Create and edit short and long-form videos for a variety of channels
- Possess a personal computer
- Be able to commit to negotiable weekly hours
- Attend one weekly meeting Monday's at 10 am central time, and one other check-in with your supervisor