R&D Tax Intern (Spring2023 - UT, MN, ND)
We are looking for a R&D Tax Intern to join the team for this part/full-time opportunity from April/May to August 2023. Preferably you would be located near one of our offices in Utah, Minnesota, or North Dakota!
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life of a R&D Tax Intern with Eide Bailly might include the following:
- Meet with the owner of a company to discuss the company’s development activities.
- Analyze costing data in Excel in order to compute credit calculations.
- Write an argument to defend credit claims against potential federal or state scrutiny.
- Figure out a creative solution to work around missing or incomplete data.
- Network and build relationships across the firm.
Who You Are
- You are a critical thinker and are able to solve interesting problems.
- You have interest in a variety of industries.
- You are personable and are able to lead conversations both with clients and across the firm.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry's regulations and policies.
- In addition to all of this, you are working toward a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and are on track to sit for your CPA license.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.