IngenioRx Pharmacy Internship (Open)
Title: IngenioRx Intern- Pharmacy Internship
Location: Mason, Ohio
Be part of an extraordinary team!
This job is for participants of an approved internship program for post-graduate college students. Specific work assignments will vary by department.
The Pharmacy Intern will be responsible for the interpretation and data entry of moderately complex prescriptions, prior authorization processing, and troubleshooting adjudication issues.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies member, provider, and drug information and inputs data for the prior authorization pharmacists.
- Educates providers on pharmacy-based rules related to prescriptions and medication resources or assistance programs.
- Processes prior authorization requests from physicians’ offices and ensures compliance with Medicare and Medicaid requirements; inform relevant parties of all prior authorization determinations.
- Assists in developing and configuring prior authorization decision trees in the workflow tool.
- Assists in implementing clinical programs within the prior authorization space.
Qualifications - External
- Must be part of an approved academic course of study, and that course of study must be applicable to the company's operations or the support of those operations.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Pharmacy program at an accredited college or university.
- 1st year PharmD students (anticipated graduation date 2026) preferred.
- For Pharmacist Interns, a current, active, unrestricted Pharmacist Intern license in applicable state(s) required.
- Prior experience working in pharmacy retail strongly preferred
- Must be able to work in our Mason, OH office throughout the duration of the internship.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements.