Lead Accounting Technician (GS-6)
Apply online through 8/19/2022 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/669982400
Open to US Citizen and Nationals.
This is not a remote work opportunity. The position is located in Cleveland, OH. Telework availability is dependent upon position and will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
Receives and reviews accounting documents including all types of accounting transactions against obligated funds for multiple accounts.
Validates, monitors, controls, and maintains accounting records and specialized ledgers to accurately record and report status of funds.
Reconciles subsidiary ledgers to general ledgers that involve a variety of transactions generated by a number of different programs and types of funds, and contain frequent and varied adjustments.
Researches discrepancies between subsidiary ledgers and general ledgers and makes necessary adjustments.
Reconciles detailed listings of outstanding transactions to general ledger control accounts.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National.
- Background or Security Investigation - Position Sensitivity and Security Levels may vary and is dependent upon position being filled - see the Additional Information field below for more details.
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959).Suitable for Federal employment.
- Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification.
- Pursuant to the Executive Order on Requiring COVID 19 Vaccination for Federal Employees, new DoD civilian employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 prior to entry on duty, subject to such exceptions as required by law.
- More details regarding vaccine requirements can be found at https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/. Selected candidates will receive further information during the job offer process
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: validating, monitoring and maintaining accounting transactions and accounting records; entering accounting data into an automated financial system to process a wide variety of account transactions; identifying and researching discrepancies in account transactions and making adjustments; reconciling subsidiary ledgers to general ledgers for accounts; Researching discrepancies and making adjustments.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense via delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Applicants MUST have related financial experience AND/OR a related financial degree (examples include: Finance, Accounting, Management, Actuarial Science, or related), in addition to meeting Office of Personnel Management (OPM) minimum qualification requirements.
Substitution of combination of education and experience must still, in conjunction, minimally satisfy the DHA qualification requirement.
GS-06 Substitution of Education for Experience: Six months of graduate education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required when it is directly related to the work of the position being filled.
If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
For additional information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/669982400