Accounting Support Associate
HR Works is supporting our client, Walsh Duffield, with its search for a member of its Human Resources team, a Full-time, Accounting Support Associate. This position is located onsite in their Buffalo, NY location.
Walsh Duffield is a fifth-generation family-owned business that takes pride in the collaborative, supportive, and development-focused environment it provides its employees. This role is a key member of Human Resources and works both independently and in a team environment. The Payroll and Accounting Specialist leads payroll administration, reconciliation, and compliance of all payroll functions through the UKG system, for approximately 100 associates. The role expands to perform general Accounting functions and additional HR administration support in the areas of recruitment and compliance.
Walsh Duffield offers a strong benefits and compensation package and an employee culture that is known for embracing new and innovative ideas from employees at all levels of the company!
The right candidate will have:
- Understanding of payroll, accounting, and Human Resources practices
- Banking Transactions, reconciliation, cash receipts & disbursements
- Office administration, front desk coverage, including exceptional phone and customer service etiquette
- HR compliance support
- Proficient in processing incoming, outgoing mail, including computer scanning and attaching
- Accounting experience, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, year end reporting, and vendor management.
- 1+ year of general HR administration experience.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, & organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or commensurate experience.
- Experience using UKG Workforce Ready system or extensive HRIS experience.
- A team player attitude that's focused on internal customer service.
- An HR certification is preferred but not required.