Statistician Technician - (941)
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a temporary, full-time Statistician Technician. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
Please click here to see what benefits WEST offers!
- Compensation: $22-27/ hour
- Start date: September 1, 2022
- Location: Cheyenne, WY, Laramie, WY, Fort Collins, Corvallis, OR, Golden Valley, MN, Remote
The successful candidate must be:
- A self-starter who is analytical and is passionate about programming in a collaborative environment.
- Additionally, the successful candidate should enjoy learning new analytical techniques, communicating and interacting with people, and preferably have experience in field data collection.
- Manipulate wildlife and environmental data, assist in developing graphs and tables, and perform simple statistical analyses and analytics
- Develop, review, and provide support for data analysis code written in R following standard coding styles
- Format and conduct QA/QC on data
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel to promote best practices for data standardization and integrity
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with coworkers
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of all the duties which may be associated with this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, information technology, natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent degree preferred
- Demonstrated interest in working with wildlife, environmental, and renewable energy data and databases
- Preference will be given to those with a goal of pursuing a graduate degree/career in wildlife, environmental, biological, statistical, computer science, or related fields
- Work or academic experience with wildlife, environmental, biological, statistical, computer science, or related fields preferred
- Must be able to develop and maintain detailed documentation in code and on procedures
- Strong ability to stay focused and pay attention to detail
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel required
- Coding experience with programming language R
- Experience with R Shiny applications is preferred
- Experience with programming, logic, and data modeling principles preferred
- Experience with MS Access, MSSQL, PostGreSQL, MySQL, or other relational database applications, and query language T-SQL preferred
WEST is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for everyone and highly recommends all prospective hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. While WEST does not currently require vaccinations, please be aware that WEST has a mandatory vaccination policy in place should local, state or federal law require vaccinations. Additionally, WEST has certain clients that require all personnel to be vaccinated prior to working on their projects, so individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to working on those projects. As an exception, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee outlining a sincerely held belief to qualify for a religious exemption. Please contact us if you have any questions.
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.