Community Benefit Specialist (CBS)
The Office of Community Outreach Engagement & Equity (COEE) works to uphold Moffitt’s commitment to maximize the impact of its research through engagement and equity in the cancer center’s catchment area and beyond. THE COEE is seeking to recruit a fulltime Community Benefit Specialist (CBS). The CBS oversees Moffitt Cancer Center's Community Benefit Program.
- Working with internal and community stakeholders to identify and prioritize community benefit goals.
- Monitoring, compiling, analyzing, and reporting progress toward those established goals.
- Advising the Cancer Center of its progress toward meeting the Community Benefit goals.
- Administering the Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) every three years.
- Integrating the CHNA into the CCSG including ensuring ongoing alignment with both IRS and NCI guidelines, adapts data to fit specific CCSG reporting requirements, and provides CHNA related narrative summaries for the CCSG on an annual basis (progress reports and competing renewals).
- Integrating CHNA data with reporting needs for the Florida Cancer Center of Excellence renewal applications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Bachelors in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related field required.
Minimum 5 years of experience performing work related to area of assignment to include Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or closely related field, specifically data collection and analysis, developing reports and generating metrics of impact. Of the total 5 years the below must be included:
- 3 years of project or program management experience. Experience coordinating and evaluating community building initiatives, engaging internal and external stakeholders, and building partnerships.
- 1-year experience working with CBISA or other Community Benefit Tracking Software.
Preference give to candidates with prior community benefit and community health needs assessment experience. Prior vendor management experience also a plus.