Technology Student Assistant
The Association of American Law Schools (AALS) seeks a Student Assistant to provide support to the technology team. The student will work closely with staff on a variety of projects including assisting in the creation of various digital publications, online forms, and maintaining the AALS website. The position requires significant use of WordPress, Google Analytics, Office 365, and will involve heavy data entry.
Candidates will be able to work remotely currently, due to COVID-19. Additional flexibility will be offered to accommodate student class schedules. If a graduate student, depending on performance and hours available, there is a possibility of continuing on a part-time basis (20-22 hours a week) after returning to school in the fall with an opportunity to renew until graduation. Compensation is $18/hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job; position is expanded to include duties as assigned.
· Update HTML and CSS on AALS websites in collaboration with AALS communication team.
· Respond to and troubleshoot website issues.
· Run scheduled site analytics using Google Analytics.
· Assist AALS staff with ongoing projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
*Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately.
· A minimum of a high school education, or equivalent experience.
· Must be current college student either undergrad student in their sophomore, junior, or senior year or graduate student pursuing degree in communications, information management, design, or related field.
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, reliable, and willing to roll up their sleeves to help with any project or task assigned.
· Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, as well as possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Related work experience not required but preferred: website management, demonstrated knowledge and use of computer applications, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, DreamWeaver, PhotoShop), and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter directly to email@example.com. Please include schedule of availability for consideration.