Financial Analyst I/II - Hybrid
This position may be considered for a hybrid work arrangement based on ALLETE’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the employees position will be a blend of work performed both in-person and at an offsite location such as an employee's home office. This position will report to a Duluth, MN office.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes financial and economic data.
- Prepares and summarizes data for internal (primarily) and external (occasionally) reports to the Board, rating agencies, regulators, investors and others.
- Will be required to create and use existing models (Excel based or other software) to analyze and assess information related to investment prospects and long-term strategies.
- Provides assessment on the economic impacts of existing and proposed long-term financial plans and policies.
- Requires ability to read and assess public and private company financial statements.
- Nature of work is complex and effective performance is required as work products are used by management in making decisions which impact company stakeholders.
- High degree of initiative to complete assigned duties is required, as well as high levels of organizational skills.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- Bachelors degree in finance, economics, business administration, accounting or equivalent degree with applicable finance course work required
- Candidates completing their degree by December 2022 will be considered.
FINANCIAL ANALYST I: No experience required
FINANCIAL ANALYST II: Four years or more job related work experience -OR- Three years or more job related work experience PLUS certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Master’s in Business Administration degree (MBA)
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.