Comptroller - Financial Reporting Analyst
Applications must be filed at
About the Comptroller’s Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller’s Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas' accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
Click here to see an inside look at the Texas Comptroller’s office!
Join the Fiscal Management team as a Fiscal Reporting Analyst, to assist the Comptroller in his role as the state’s chief accountant. You will be assisting in the Statewide Fiscal Integrity section to resolve accounting issues; help prepare the state ACFR among other fiscal responsibilities. The candidate will learn new concepts quickly and apply knowledge appropriately in highly active environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Five years of general financial/accounting, financial reporting, or financial statement auditing experience.
- State governmental or higher education accounting/auditing experience.
- Accounting/auditing experience with federal grants, investments, bonds, and/or capital assets.
- Consolidation Financial Reporting experience (multi-company).
- SQL (Structure Query Language) or database experience.
Education requirement may be substituted with up to four (4) years of related experience.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Preferred License/Certification: Certified Public Accountant.
In this role you will:
- Knowledge of GAAP/GASB accounting and reporting practices.
- Knowledge of State of Texas Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
- Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas.
- Skills in Identifying, defining, and solving problems.