Tier 2 IT Help Desk Technician
Tech Networks of Boston, an MSP in Boston, is growing, and we are expanding the Help Desk team. We are looking for an IT Help Desk Technician (ITHDT) to join us.
Shift and Location
This position is a hybrid role working 3 days per week in our Boston office. You may work off-site up to 2 days per week. Our help desk shifts are Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 6 pm Hours may shift to help cover vacations and other special circumstances.
Qualifications and Experience
We recently asked our current help desk technicians what they see as critical abilities for the next person to join their team: Here is what they said:
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT support roles and/or 2-4 year of formal IT training
· Experience working at an MSP is a significant plus
· Advanced PC/desktop expertise and basic server knowledge
· Demonstrated ability to manage network devices and familiarity with server roles (including Active Directory)
· Knowledge of PowerShell and administration of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 environments
· Strong experience with Microsoft including MS Office, Microsoft 365, Active Directory; Microsoft certification is a plus
· Direct experience as a good problem solver, willing to research via Google, CRM, Knowledge Base, and other resources to solve common and uncommon break-fix issues (experience with ConnectWise and/or Kaseya is a plus)
· Aptitude for balancing technical proficiencies with customer service skills to de-escalate a situation
· Good time management skills
· Industry certifications such as Network+, Associate’s degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus
· Provide warm, knowledgeable customer support and service for applications, desktops, servers and network devices.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, advising on appropriate actions, and resolving issues.
· Handle service tickets for technical assistance via phone and email.
· Follow, update, and maintain TNB Help Desk procedures and contribute to the knowledge bank.
· Participate in on-call rotation for nights and weekends (approximately once every 6 weeks)
· Attend monthly Help Desk Team meetings and quarterly TNB staff meetings.
An ITHDT performs other duties on an occasional basis, working independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include short-term disability, long-term disability, and $50,000 life insurance; options to participate in healthcare, dental, and vision programs as well as other voluntary coverages; participation in 401(k) plan We also provide professional development funds to every employee. A more detailed list will be given in our offer letter.
About Tech Networks of Boston
A leading MSP for more than 27 years, Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is committed to providing quality IT services to non-profits and mission-driven organizations. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise of our staff. We strive to help clients increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. Our method for providing service is grounded in upholding our key values: adaptive, patient, positive, reliable, and respectful. In addition, our employees are eager to learn.
In 2021, based on employee feedback, TNB was recognized again by Great Place to Work®, scoring no less than 88% in every category. This is evidenced by our staff loyalty — with an average tenure of more than 5 years.
TNB is a Certified B Corporation, ranking #2 of ranked MSP’s in the United States, and recognized as Best for Overall, Best for Community, and Best for Governance in 2019.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and sustainability programs.
To learn more about Tech Networks of Boston, read our annual report or check out our website:
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will provide a complete job description to all qualified applicants.