Licensed Practical Nurse
COVID VACCINE IS REQUIRED WITHIN 45 DAYS OF HIRE.
ARHS does REQUIRE NC State Application PD-107.
Incomplete and/or unsigned applications will NOT be processed. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
The application can be found at www.arhs-nc.org/contact/
Position will remain open until August 10, 2022.
The purpose of this position is to provide complex practical nursing services to patients under the supervision of the MD, APP, Public Health Nurse or Supervisor. The nurse will utilize appropriate nursing skills which contribute to the care of individual patients and patient populations. Clinical administrative support duties to patients, outreach and home visitation may be required. This LPN position requires judgment in the application of practical nurse knowledge and also requires in depth skills in several areas, such as medical terminology and signs and symptoms of acute illness. This position would be based in Pasquotank but may be needed to travel to other counties.
- The employee will perform vital signs, including blood pressure monitoring, weight, and height following all OSHA and laboratory standards and provide immunizations under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- The employee will assist the clinicians or other medical personnel during the clinics as needed.
- Make referrals/identifications to other human and medical services as indicated.
- Lab duties as assigned by supervisor
- The employee will perform interviews and history taking and counsel patients as indicated.
- Perform all support duties as requested for patients and directed by the RN, MD or APP in order to comply with all program rules.
- Contact tracing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of practical nursing techniques and the routine care and treatment of all types of clients, and the ability to apply it to the area of work;
- Considerable knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene, basic health and safety practices applicable to the area of work;
- Skill in preparing and administering medications, and general knowledge of proper dosage, effects, and contraindications; and skill in the operation of general and specialized equipment used in the area of assignment and general knowledge of the equipment’s function.
- Ability to make astute observations of patient’s conditions and to report conditions and changes accurately;
- Ability to remain calm and function efficiently in emergency and stressful situations;
- Ability to understand, interpret, and relate oral and written instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and families, and other employees.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education and one year of practical nurse experience, which includes advanced or in-service training in the area to which assigned; or graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course, or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation, which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting (typically in a hospital, infirmary, or mental retardation center); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: All degrees shall be from an appropriately accredited institution. Work against candidates will be considered.
Additional Training/Experience: CPR update every two years.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation: Licensed to practice as a practical nurse in North Carolina by the NC Board of Nursing.
REQUIREMENT: COVID Vaccine is required within 45 days of hire.