LPN or RN Home Health Care
Employment with Community Behavioral Nursing Services (CBNS) is a unique, Home Care experience working consistently with individuals with Developmental Disabilities individually and in small groups.
We are seeking LPN/RN for our current openings. Our nurses complete visits in group home settings generally between the hours of 5:30 am - 9:30 am & 3 pm - 8:30 pm.
Our nurses are paid on a per visit basis. Recent increase in pay per visit structure.
About Community Behavioral Nursing Services (CBNS)
CBNS is a family owned and operated accredited home health agency. We specialize in caring for individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities, all within a controlled group home setting to empower them to live with dignity and respect.
Traditional home care nurses may drive across one or more counties, daily. Our staff enjoy decreased driving between locations - typically no more than 15 miles!
Currently serving Stark, Summit, Medina, Cuyahoga and Lorain counties, but continuing to grow!
Why work for CBNS
· Work-life balance
· Work exclusively with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) population – work with same patients on a regular basis.
· Reward and Recognition Opportunities
· Referral Program
· Opportunities for Growth and Advancement
Our person centered assessments will monitor overall general health as well as minor skin injuries, provide management of chronic medical conditions (diabetes, dementia, skin ulcers, seizures heart failure, respiratory distress), early identification of serious medical conditions (pulmonary aspiration, bowel obstruction, GERD, dehydration, sepsis, etc.), referral and coordination of in home therapy services (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy) and provide education and support on medical status, equipment, prescribed medications and overall health and wellness strategies.
- Provide skilled nursing care to assigned patients, as identified in current nursing plan of care and within nursing scope of practice.
- Complete and document observations, vital signs, body systems, pain, psychosocial, etc.
- Complete and document patient wound assessment, monitoring and care, in alignment with nursing scope of practice and physician order.
- Complete skilled nursing procedures, specimen collection, and related patient services.
- Promote health and prevention to decrease incident of hospitalizations and/or re-hospitalizations by providing patient and caregiver education.
- Initiate and conduct patient and caregiver education specific to care interventions, strategies identified nursing plan of care goals.
- Act as a professional nursing liaison between patients, caregivers, physicians, and other health care providers. Coordinates care with other agencies and health professionals, as needed.
- Complete medication related tasks (as assigned): administration, documentation, physician order coordination, medication change-over, medication check-in, and other related tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills
- Must hold a valid and unencumbered Ohio Board of Nursing License – LPN or RN.
- Current certification in BLS (CPR).
- Current and valid driver license and car insurance.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Flexibility in work location and schedule availability.
- Professionally communicates with a wide range of patients/caregivers and works as a team.
We are seeking competent full-time, part-time and weekend team-players in Summit and Cuyahoga Counties & Medina County.