Accounting Manager - Finance
Responsible for management of the general ledger accounting, timekeeping and payroll functions within the Finance Directorate. The Accounting Manager provides managerial oversight and expertise to general accounting functions, such as General Ledger, Fixed Asset Accounting, Labor Accounting and Payroll. Assists the Corporate Controller in representing the Finance Directorate with auditors and other internal/external contacts.
- Assigns, directs and/or provides general advice and guidance with respect to general accounting operations to direct reports. Provides general oversight with respect to prioritizing, reviewing and ensuring conformity to IDA Practices and general accounting procedures and methodologies within applicable areas.
- Responsible for executing and overseeing a consistently complete, timely, accurate and compliant accounting period cycle and fiscal period-end and fiscal year-end close processes.
- Executes and oversees a variety of projects relating to the accounting function; compiles data and prepares analyses; participates in the development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight and guidance to the payroll staff to ensure the accurate and timely processing of the bi-weekly payroll, and ensures compliance with established accounting policies and practices.
- Prepares financial statement and accounting reports and summaries as requested by other IDA directorates/divisions, and outside agencies. Develops and maintains IDA’s financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of IDA’s accounting systems and practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and the Government’s Cost Accounting Standards. Responsible for the preparation and adherence to the Cost Accounting Standards Disclosure Statement.
- Acts as audit liaison during annual audit for external independent auditors and for audits by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and other outside auditors.
- Assists the Controller in complying with state and federal reporting and tax filing requirements.
- Ensures that all accounting internal controls are current, documented and strictly enforced.
- Works with the financial and IT staff to insure timely and accurate analyses and reporting of accounting and financial management information. Requires requisite skills to produce ad hoc reports using IDA business intelligence tools.
- Acts as a collaborative, strategic business partner across the directorate to ensure organizational goals & objectives that rely upon Accounting processes, systems, tools and reports are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a responsive, timely, complete fashion.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related field; seven or more years of experience in a government contract accounting environment, with three or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated abiliy to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer literacy including highly proficient skills with Microsoft Office tools – Excel, Word, PowerPoint; experience with Deltek software highly desirable.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.