Industrial Design Engineer Internship – Summer 2023
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all (Industrial Design Engineer Intern) roles at all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Greater Seattle Area (Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond), Greater Bay Area (San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara) and Nashville, TN.
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands.
Customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns will be part of a project team where they work alongside Senior Industrial Engineers. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May - July 2023. Our internship program provides hands-on learning and building experiences for students who are interested in a career in Industrial engineering. In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities (e.g., team building, social, educational, etc.) with other interns throughout your internship.
As an Industrial Design Engineer Intern you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, to design and develop physical fulfillment systems around the globe. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will design, develop, test, and deliver components including workflow/process path layout, space utilization/efficiency and ergonomics, etc. You’ll collaborate with your team and peers to deliver projects and artifacts like AutoCAD files with specifications, design frameworks, mathematical models, RFPs. You’ll identify and communicate any issues associated with the design, development, implementation, and optimization of fulfillment-center technologies or design solution.
We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow.
At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
Key job responsibilities
• Design, develop, test and deliver solutions (e.g., workflow/process path layout, space utilization/efficiency, ergonomics, etc.).
• Use appropriate technologies (e.g., AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, SolidWorks, CREO, SketchUp, KeyShot, BIM360 etc.) to deliver high quality, operationally excellent models and design (e.g., safety, high quality, and performance) that meet the needs of the customer.
• Identify and communicate any issues associated with the design, development, implementation, and optimization of fulfillment-center technologies or design solution.
• Invent, develop, and refine solutions to ensure they are meeting customer, business, operational, technology, and team goals.
• Understand business impact of designs and show good judgement when making design suggestions, ensuring they meet performance and scaling targets.
• Technical report writing of process and best practices.
• Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial and Systems Engineering or Supply Chain Engineering, with an expected conferral date October 2023 – September 2026.
• Knowledge of IE fundamentals (e.g., basic spatial layouts of processing lines, process paths, etc.).
• Experience using one or more of the following technologies (e.g., AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, SolidWorks, CREO, BIM360, SketchUp, KeyShot, etc.) to deliver high quality models and designs.
• Knowledge of converting sub-system functional requirements into engineering requirements and component designs.
• Experience with material handling and processing.
• Proficient communication of technical details verbally and in writing.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $6,900.00/month; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $6,900.00/month; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.