Multimedia Service Engineer
Date: Jul 20, 2022
Location: Irvine, California, US, 926206
Company: Kia America, Inc.
At Kia, we’re creating award-winning products and redefining what value means in the automotive industry. It takes a special group of individuals to do what we do, and we do it together. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative. Our people thrive on thinking differently and challenging the status quo. We are creating something special here, a culture of learning and opportunity, where you can help Kia achieve big things and most importantly, feel passionate and connected to your work every day.
Kia provides team members with competitive benefits including premium paid medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) plan matching of 100% up to 6% of the salary deferral, and time off starting at 14 days per year. Kia also offers company lease and purchase programs, company-wide holiday shutdown, paid volunteer hours, and premium lifestyle amenities at our corporate campus in Irvine, California.
The Multimedia Service Engineer will be responsible for:
- Primary focus will center around Quality improvements related to Multimedia and Infotainment. This includes issue diagnosis and pushing countermeasures for all Head Unit features, Navigation, Bluetooth, CarPlay/Android Auto, Sound Quality, Voice Recognition, ADAS features and general phone compatibility.
- Other responsibilities include supporting Telematics Quality concerns, Consumer Affairs, and Techline, and evaluating data collected from Warranty, IQS, VDS, Medallia, and the functional area issue tracking system.
- Investigation of field issues escalated from EWR, TL, CA UVO Specialists (including review of engineering logs and duplicating in vehicle, field fix validation)
- Investigation of multimedia/infotainment system vehicle field issues via QIR (head unit, software, etc.)
- Coordinating the preparation of all work related to the publication of Multimedia/Infotainment/Telematics TSBs, Service Actions, Pitstops including draft reviews, time studies, analysis of labor times, parts needed, VIN list and final publication
- Coordinating and executes go and see activities with KMC, NAQC/HATCI/Mobis and other subsidiary personnel.
- Leading IQS/VDS activities associated with ACEN/INFO including data analysis, suggestions for system improvement, customer education activities (FFG) and other actions as needed to achieve corporate goals for quality
- Supporting of software audits (IQS/Map Update/New Model Gate 5)
- Interfacing with other departments (TL/CA) and coordinating with Telematics team for resolution of Telematics /Infotainment field concerns.
For quality improvement purposes, position requires continuous evaluation of Product Quality Test Fleet vehicles and will include driving outside of normal business hours. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license and good driving record.
Identify, investigate, and analyze multimedia/infotainment/Telematics product quality/service problems in Kia vehicles. (50%)
Coordinates the preparation of all work related to the publication of multimedia/infotainment/Telematics TSBs, Service Actions, and Pitstops. (15%)
Support IQS/VDS activities/initiatives as they relate to improvements for Multimedia/infotainment/Telematics. (15%)
Interfacing with other departments (TL/CA) and coordinating with Telematics team for resolution of Telematics /Infotainment field concerns. (10%)
Coordinates and executes go and see activities with KMC, NAQC, HATCI, Mobis and other subsidiary personnel. (5%)
Create status reports and presentations for Product Quality Management. (5%)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with embedded and/or connected technology development and/or production environment
- Experience and or affinity with Multimedia/Infotainment/Bluetooth/Voice Recognition or similar systems preferred
- Strong analytical approach to problem resolution
- Travel required domestically and/or internationally
- May need to work additional hours outside of normal business hours as required by the job, including weekends or holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned
Directly Related Experience
- Connected solution experience
- 2+ Years of Engineering experience
Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and to drive process improvements locally and with Korea based teams
Hands on experience in embedded software and/or hardware
Strong Project Management skills are needed to coordinate work efforts between other subsidiaries and push product enhancements.
Strong technical writing capabilities and oral communication skills
Working knowledge of PC and software (minimum: MS office intermediate level, in particular Power point and Excel)
CHALLENGE - Solving Complex Problems
COLLABORATION - Building and Supporting Teams
CUSTOMER - Serving Customers
GLOBALITY - Showing Community and Social Responsibility
PEOPLE - Interacting with People at Different Levels