Purchsing Manager- Recent Grads
Have you ever thought about the complex supply chains that are needed to deliver consumer products to the store shelves for our consumers? And how do companies negotiate service contracts that are needed to support infrastructure, employees, and marketing? At P&G, our Purchases group develops the sourcing strategies and optimizes the operations for all raw materials, packaging and services needed by the Company to produce the best consumer products in the world!
Meaningful work from day one
As a manager in Purchases you will own decisions on how to source and/or manage the supply chains that are the backbone of our company. We have managers that focus on various industries and business needs, ranging from Advertising agencies, to IT services, to Packaging and Construction. Your work from Day 1 will vary depending on which team you are on but could include:
- Analyzing markets and developing expertise in those markets.
- Developing strategies for sourcing that will increase our innovation pipeline, drive costs down, and influence industries to transform themselves.
- Negotiating the right deals, with the right suppliers, for the right reasons.
- Working with suppliers to optimize inventory levels, order quantities and logistics.
- Shifting supplier relationships and industries to be a Force for Good and a Force for Growth by incorporating Sustainability and Equality & Inclusion into your work.
At P&G, we live our Purpose, Values, and Principles in everything we do. We expect you to treat our suppliers honestly, ethically, and fairly. You should consider our suppliers as partners in your journey to offer leading consumer products to the world.
As you fulfill your key projects, you will grow to handle different spend areas, increase your responsibilities in terms of both expenditure and people management, become responsible for some of P&G’s biggest and most important suppliers and drive disruptive innovation to generate business value. You will communicate and closely partner with different internal functions daily. You will find variety and excitement in your work every single day.
Your goal at the end of the day will be to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with needs to deliver the best shareholder return for the company.
- We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth.
- You are qualified if:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- 0 - 3 years experience in sourcing or supply chain management
- Have the ability to travel when needed
- Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.