Lower School Teacher
Job Title: Elementary Education teacher
Reports to: Director of Lower School and Head of School
To serve as an educator who loves to share knowledge in a way that motivates young students and influences their lives through a Christian worldview. Our college-preparatory school offers an intellectually stimulating, creative and inclusive environment designed to give teachers the freedom they need to prepare students for the future.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from an accredited college or university
Willingness to obtain ACSI certification
Regular attending member of an evangelical church and credible relationship with Jesus Christ
Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Able to work collaboratively and flexibly with others
Confident talking with young students in small and large groups
Comfortable implementing school procedures and managing classrooms with diverse students
Knowledgeable about progress indicators
Patient and resourceful
Consistent and present
At least one year of teaching experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
· Plan and deliver lessons utilizing creative and engaging techniques that reach students.
· Prepare academic materials and instructional handouts.
· Report to the Director of Lower School monthly regarding the effectiveness of concepts.
· Facilitate classroom discussions and encourage the participation of all students.
· Monitoring progress and adapting lesson plans to meet students’ needs.
· Assess individual strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of each student, addressing issues as needed
· Maintenance of student records to include academic and behavioral progress.
· Uphold clearly communicated rules and behavior expectations for a disciplined and inclusive classroom setting
· Communicate with parents when necessary regarding noteworthy achievements, academic challenges, special considerations or concerns you feel their child needs to succeed.
· Recommend policies to improve program.
· Accompany and supervise students on field trips.
· Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
· Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, Head of School, and teachers.
· Maintain professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Lower School or Head of School.