Healthcare Research Intern
Mira is on a mission to bring affordable healthcare to 86M uninsured and underinsured Americans by building a new and simpler system for patients to get care.
Our internship program has recruited from prestigious institutions including Columbia, NYU, GW, UVA, and UCLA, with a network of alumni replacement at tier-1 companies such as Tableau, GuideHouse, PJT Investment Bank, and Mt Sinai Medical School among others.
The Healthcare Research Intern will be researching health data and creating content in the healthcare niche. The ideal candidate is someone who has excellent report writing skills with the ability to analyze and translate data to easy-to-digest content for the public. You will be joining a small but world-class research and publishing team that has over 2 million unique views annually.
This is a paid internship that will provide you with actual research and writing work experience in public health. You will get credit for all of the content you create in your own byline to use as part of your future portfolio post-graduation.
Your weekly tasks will include:
- Research and update existing articles on reputable and reliable sources
- Be able to analyze and interpret the data needed for future articles
- Assist the marketing team in writing exceptional new articles
- Between updates and new articles, you can expect to produce a minimum of 1 high-quality piece per week of at least 1500 words each
- Working with other team members to complete projects and brainstorm new ideas
- Experience/ knowledge in public health is a plus
- Must be a junior or senior in college, or in graduate school, pursuing a degree in English literature, journalism, communications, public health, healthcare administration, or related fields
- Proficient in using data analytics tools such as Excel or Google Sheet
- Completion of at least one internship preferred
- Willing to wear multiple hats and be part of a quick and fast-paced company
Applications close August 15th, 11 pm est.