Lockstep Fall '22 Engineering Internship
At Lockstep, we are building the next evolution of accounting systems. Lockstep was founded on the idea that accounting teams deserve much better tools to manage cash flow and close the books. This is a truly unique opportunity to lead the accounting team at a company that is dedicated to building new ways for accountants to work together.
Lockstep Software Engineering Fall 2022 Internship
- Duration: Each internship lasts for twelve weeks.
- Salary: Interns will be compensated $23/hr
- Location: The intern is fully remote and can work from anywhere in the US.
- Date: Exact dates flexible between September 2022 through mid-December 2022.
- Scope: Each intern will manage a single project that can be executed during a three month internship in collaboration with senior engineers.
- Bootcamp: A two-week introduction period where the intern learns the basics of Lockstep's platform.
- Mentorship: Interns meet regularly with senior engineers and with engineering leadership for career and technical guidance.
- Graduation: Successful interns receive priority consideration for fulltime positions at Lockstep.
- Specific job/project duties and team alignment will depend on the integration project for each intern.
- Perform independent research to identify a project design, and propose solutions to roadblocks along the way
- Develop solutions that integrate Lockstep's API platform with external partners and other platforms
- Partner with senior team members to learn techniques for writing practical code in the accounting field
- Develop test plans to ensure security, accuracy, and reliability for your solution
- Participate in the engineering team's full lifecycle development process
- Identify and mitigate potential risks with early planning
- A rising senior in undergrad or someone prepared to enter the workforce fulltime
- Understanding of software engineering practices
- Interest in a career in the software engineering field
- A desire to make accounting better for everyone
- Creativity, persistence, and enthusiasm
- Pursuing a degree in computer science or related field via a college, university, or technical school program