Associate/Senior Associate (5210)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate for our Construction Consulting Practice in Alexandria, VA. In this role you will work as part of a dynamic and diverse team which works on large complex construction disputes and assist/advise clients regarding matters of Project Controls, for construction projects in progress.
Our team of experts assists our clients with settling disputes with other project stakeholders by quantifying schedule or productivity impacts, determining responsibility for schedule impacts, performing cost and damages analyses, and determining entitlement for recovery of project time and costs. Additionally, our professionals provide clients with expert testimony and litigation support when necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- Project data organization and management
- Detailed analyses of project schedule delays, project cost records, productivity impacts, and issue analysis
- Developing written reports and client ready presentations for review by senior management
- Participating and adhering to quality assurance and quality management policies
- Actively participating in industry associations
- Supporting the company's business development initiatives
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Mechanical Engineering (Advanced degree(s) and registration is preferred)
- 3-10 years of experience in project/construction management or construction consulting
- Knowledge of and experience with Primavera and/or Microsoft software tools as well as other software common to the construction industry
- Experience drafting technical reports
- Experience in contract dispute resolution and construction claims, litigation services and construction consulting services is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.