Provide expertise in relation to special education concerns, IEP meetings, implementation of objectives and goals, placement contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all special education for Sunrise
- Track and report on IEP/504 goals for all eligible students
- Determine appropriate level of service for students
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide pertinent information regarding student progress, behavior, and performance.
- Contact parents frequently with updates on progress and interventions
- Contact education consultants as needed
- Administer educational testing as needed
- Review student educational and psychological testing
- Attend parent weekend meetings
- Attend weekly treatment team meetings as time permits
- Assist teachers with techniques and special education in the classroom setting
- Assist Academic Director with college planning, credit evaluation, scheduling and coordination with home schools as needed
- Knowledge of the special education.
- Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Basic knowledge of the disorders and issues facing the students and their families.
- Skill in communicating clearly with students, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to do basic word processing, use the BestNotes program and navigate the local computer network.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to adapt to the vast variety of learning, behavioral, and emotional needs of the students.
The position requires a current Utah teaching license. Teaching experience in addition to student teaching is preferred but not required.