AmeriCorps Compliance Coordinator
The Compliance Coordinator will join Great Basin Institute (GBI) prepared to be part of the team at a fast-paced, environmental non-profit organization. This position is responsible for all aspects of AmeriCorps and program compliance as it relates to policies and procedures, paperwork/file processing, performance measure/participation tracking, and reporting for GBI’s AmeriCorps programs. The Compliance Coordinator will work closely with Nevada Conservation Corps and Research Associate Program Directors to develop and maintain compliance tracking and auditing systems in accordance with AmeriCorps program guidelines.
Essential Job Functions may include the following or other duties as assigned:
- Collect, file, and track all new AmeriCorps Volunteer paperwork;
- Monitor completion of AmeriCorps Criminal History Check requirements and ensure compliance with start dates;
- Track AmeriCorps Volunteers through their service term in order to enroll them, initiate evaluations, suspend terms as necessary, and exit members in compliance with standards and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with file audit guidelines;
- Enroll and exit members in the eGrants system; and
- Monitor completion of bi-weekly service logs (review for errors and request corrections).
- Update new member paperwork and resource documents as necessary, generate new member contracts, distribute all new member paperwork;
- Ensure compliance with internal HR and grantor/partner standards and procedures;
- Assist with program and organizational reporting; and
- Perform other tasks/ projects/operations as assigned.
- Promote effective communication.
- Assist others as requested or assigned.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain professional and courteous appearance and demeanor.
Contract Timeline:• Start Date: Upon availability
• Full time, 40 hours per week; available to occasionally work a varied schedule as needed, including some weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
Location:This position is open to reporting to our Reno, NV or Las Vegas, NV
Compensation and Benefits:• Rate of Pay: $16.35/hour or commensurate with experience
• Health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription) coverage - $400 monthly premiums paid 100% by GBI
• Paid vacation (4 hours per two-week pay period), sick time (up to 40 hours annually), and holidays
• Retirement plan option with 4% employer match (fully vested on day 1)
Job Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily carry out each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field;
- Previous experience with or knowledge of the AmeriCorps program, preferably administering a State Program or Education Award Program;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience handling multiple priorities;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Ability to work under limited supervision;
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment, and to consistently enact high performance standards and a strong work and team ethic in support of the mission of GBI;
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or federal or state agencies preferred;
- Meet requirements of federal agency security background checks (e.g., FBI criminal and National Sex Offender Public Registry, Department of Interior Security Screening);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and in a calm and pleasant manner;
- High level of organization and attention to detail with demonstrated leadership and field skills;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations;
- Proven skills in business and financial management;
- Strong management, delegation and leadership skills and speaking/presentation abilities;