Analyst - Acquisition & Development
Real estate development and investment management company that acquires, develops, and rehabilitates multifamily affordable, mixed-income, mixed-use and market-rate housing throughout the U.S.
Position: Analyst – Acquisitions and Development
Reports To: Managing Director
Location: Rolling Hills Estates, CA
The position reports to the Managing Director of the company and offers the opportunity to be part of the entire acquisition and development process for urban and rural multi-family affordable, market-rate and mixed-income housing. The analyst must be organized, resourceful, meticulous, analytical, and willing to learn the affordable housing regulatory landscape. The position is being created to support the Managing Director of the company. The candidate should have experience in preparing proformas, an in-depth understanding of financial modeling including cash-on-cash returns, IRR analysis, and discounted cash flow. Knowledge of the local government entitlement and development process for multifamily real estate is preferred.
· Build, maintain monitor financial models utilizing MS Excel.
· Prepare budgets, financial models, investment memorandums and reports for lenders and investors.
· Travel to perform and facilitate site visits, inspections and meetings with development team members and/or municipalities.
· Assist and analyze new acquisitions, development opportunities and joint ventures.
· Assist in the identification of strengths and weakness of acquisition, development, and disposition transactions.
· Assist with the preparation of city, state and federal funding applications.
· Assist with oversight of the design, entitlements, financing, construction/rehabilitation, lease-Up and disposition activities.
· Assist with the closing of transactions and on-going asset management for portfolio properties.
· Provide support with day-to-day project management.
· Maintain, review and monitor all available property and perform market research in targeted submarkets throughout the U.S.
· Staying informed and up to date on industry and market trends including attending conferences.
· Bachelor’s Degree Required
· Minimum two (2) years work experience in real estate investment/development
· Demonstrated financial/analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong client facing ability
· Strong project management skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail; able to manage multiple projects and teams concurrently in a fast-paced environment
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and financial modeling
· Energetic, creative, and willing to work hard
· Must be able to work independently; take initiative to get things done with little supervision
· Experience with LIHTC, tax exempt bond financing, HUD, a plus but not required
Cover letter should include your experience in acquisition and asset management. We will not review applications that are missing a cover letter.
Must be able to travel for site visits
Expected to be in the office 80% of the time
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org