BlueBird, CPAs provides audit, consulting, and training services to Native American Tribes and Casinos. We are looking for team members that enjoy a challenging career with great opportunities for advancement; additionally, BlueBird offers a very competitive salary and great benefits package. Some benefits package highlights include health insurance, a simple IRA plan with employer matching, and life and disability insurance. At BlueBird, we believe in encouraging both personal and professional growth in our employees. We offer a mentoring program as well as on-the-job training to our accounting staff. Our staff members are evaluated semi-annually, which allows new employees to enhance their professional skills while simultaneously increasing their salary. The right candidate must be able to live in or relocate to Reno and travel extensively. At BlueBird, we truly believe in growing confident, knowledgeable, and driven employees and we are willing to invest in your success. You can visit us at www.bluebirdcpas.com.
- Serve as an active member of the audit team and complete financial audit sections, internal control assessments, and other attestation procedures.
- Perform substantive tests of compliance and account balances.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Take direction in the field from the in-charge auditor, senior, manager, or senior manager.
- Organize and complete assignments within required time frames.
- BA or BS in Accounting
- CPA Candidate (in process of preparing to sit for the exam)
- Technical Accounting Skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
- Flexibility for Regular Travel (85-90%)
- Ability to Handle Multiple Priorities and Meet Tight Deadlines
- Continuing Professional Education
- Paid Time-Off
- Employer Paid Health Insurance after 60 Days
- Voluntary Dental and Vision Options
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Participation in Simple IRA with an Employer Match after 1 Year
- Eligibility to Receive Extra "Comp Days" When Traveling on Weekends