Associate Data Scientist - ElastiGrad
Elastic is expanding its Customer Success Group team with a new graduate program we’ve titled “Elastigrad” to support the explosive adoption of our offerings! Companies like Netflix, Lyft, Facebook, The New York Times, and NASA are looking to Elastic to help solve their big data problems. The Customer Success Group team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on customers and their experience when consuming our products and services. The Customer Data team builds and maintains solutions that allow getting insights from our customers’ data journey
The Customer Data Office team is looking for an Associate Data Scientist to support data science initiatives that drive business profitability, increased efficiencies and improved customer experience. This role works closely with Sr. Data Scientists to develop solutions by applying advanced analytics methods and algorithms for identifying trends and providing business solutions.
As an Associate Data Scientist, you will develop skills that effectively leverage data science methodologies to creatively solve business problems and provide strategic insights. This requires effective communication skills as well as continuous learning and development at both the technical and business level. You will collaborate with different data teams across the organization and with all different functions within the CSG team to work on new and improve existing algorithms.
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on a daily basis over GitHub, Zoom, and Slack. Thus, the ability to work within a distributed team is critical. Elastic cares about our employees personal fulfillment and well being and because of this we offer fantastic employee benefits including volunteer time off, a generous paid vacation policy, and fully paid health insurance. In addition, our office provides great amenities such as coffee, snacks, and daily lunch.
What you will bring along
- Bachelor/Master's degree completed by fall 2022 in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- A passion for building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
What you will be doing
- Design and develop algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights;
- Supports data science projects by conducting effective analysis to solve business problems;
- Learn about the assigned business areas to provide better solutions by incorporating business-specific knowledge.
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audience;
- Support preparation of reports, updates and/or presentations related to progress made on a project or solution;
- Highlights potential impacts of recommendations to drive alignment and appropriate implementation
Technical Learning :
- Continually develop skills and expertise in data analytics concepts and methodologies;
- Basic knowledge or exposure to predictive modeling, data mining and data analysis
- Experience in a modern scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience running queries against data (preferably with Google BigQuery or SQL)
- Experience with data visualization software (preferably Tableau or Kibana)
- Experience utilizing statistical techniques to identify key insights that help solve business problems