Communications & Marketing Intern
NCCF is offering a paid fall internship to assist with our communications and marketing initiatives.
This position offers an opportunity to learn about communications and marketing at a statewide nonprofit and about philanthropy. NCCF is committed to providing an internship that contributes to Foundation goals while also providing relevant career development.
The individual in this position will report directly to the Senior Communications & Marketing Officer and will work closely with staff across the Foundation. This role will work in a hybrid capacity both virtually and in-person at NCCF’s Raleigh headquarters office located at 3737 Glenwood Ave., Suite 460, Raleigh NC 27612. The pay offered is $15 per hour for up to 20 hours per week for the fall semester. Flexible work hours are offered.
Responsibilities will include:
· Write and update news releases, email campaigns and other documents
· Create and update content for the Foundation’s website and social media, including the development of graphics
· Research, conduct interviews and write about Foundation activities, grantees, donors, programs, and areas of funding for online and print publications
· Shoot photos and videos for use on the web and on social media
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent writer and editor; knowledge of AP Style
· Well-organized, independent worker
· Understanding/knowledge of basic principles of marketing and communications
· Willingness to work hard and build a great portfolio
· Knowledge of Microsoft office software
· Willingness to learn the following: proprietary content management system to post information to the web, Hootsuite, Canva and Mailchimp
· Appreciation for North Carolina and the state’s nonprofit sector
· Excellent communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Intern Fall 2022” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline for submittal is Friday, Aug. 19, 2022.
NCCF embraces and models the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we advance our mission. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the organization.
To learn more about the North Carolina Community Foundation, visit nccommunityfoundation.org.