Litigation Case Assistant
At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
Under close supervision of attorneys and management (Supervisor in conjunction with Managing Counsel, Partners and Associates), you will provide support to a nationwide single-plaintiff litigation practice in the firm’s Atlanta office.
On any given day, you will be working with firm attorneys and colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Monitor and respond within the group e-mail inbox and efficiently execute project requests as directed by team attorneys and Supervisor
- Heavy collaboration and contact within the Seyfarth Managed Services (SMS) team and the firm support teams
- Draft pleadings, discovery, and other case related documents
- Maintain best records management practices of case files and documentation, including tracking and organizing files electronically and in hard copy
- Work closely with dedicated SMS Supervisor to assist in the generation and revision of client-facing and internal reports and related administrative communications
- Maintain, update and organize team databases
- Independently communicate with clients, opposing counsel, courts and agencies
- Assist in processing settlements
- Prepare and review documents for production
- Assist in preparation and filing of pleadings
- Use internal litigation support software
- Bachelor’s degree - A strong desire to attend law school or pursue a long term career as a paralegal is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel and a willingness to learn proprietary firm software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a high degree of initiative
- Independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
- Exceptional analytical ability, critical thinking, independent problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to independently communicate with clients and opposing counsel
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the followinglink:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309