Elementary School Music Teacher
St. James Catholic School in North Miami, FL. is looking for a creative, dynamic elementary Music teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
The candidate should be professional, disciplined, and supportive of a safe and positive learning environment. This teacher will be expected to plan and implement an appropriate music curriculum for various grade levels and actively collaborate with the school community. The candidate must be able to teach music and choir, prepare for school liturgies, and support the school mission through music and song. The Music Teacher performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami. Starting Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
- BS / BA Degree, preferably in Music. Music instrument knowledge is a plus.
- Florida Department of Education certificate is required, temporary or professional, or be eligible to become certified
- Experience caring for and engaging with children.
- Excellent classroom management.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church; experience in Roman Catholic environment preferred.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity of the Roman Catholic liturgy and an ability to integrate the liturgy with musical skills so that the liturgical music component of worship can be celebrated.
- Ability to communicate musical concepts and instruction with oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent oral and written English-language communication skills, including a clear speaking voice.
- Good spelling and grammar are required.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
If interested in applying for the position, please download a copy of the fillable pdf (see the link when you apply ) and email the completed document to the email address listed below: email@example.com.