Postdoctoral Fellow - Computational and Experimental Cancer Immunology
We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to utilize both computational and experimental methods to investigate mechanisms of resistance to cancer immunotherapies in lung cancer. This cross-disciplinary fellow will be jointly mentored by Barzin Nabet (Senior Scientist, Data Science) and Robert Johnston (Principal Scientist, Reverse Translation) within the Oncology Biomarker Development department and have access to exceptional multi-omic biomarker data, computational, and experimental resources. The long-running Genentech Postdoctoral Program provides outstanding support and the opportunity to conduct fundamental research in an environment that performs world class drug development, preparing trainees to lead a group in either an academic or industrial setting.
- Conduct independent research under the joint mentorship of Drs. Nabet and Johnston and in close collaboration with the Genentech oncology community.
- Analyze existing and emerging multi-omic data from internal clinical trials and public repositories for novel insights into anti-tumor immunity. Formulate hypotheses. Validate them in additional data sets and test them experimentally.
- Publish high impact manuscripts and engage with the external scientific community at conferences and other venues.
- Develop the skills needed to succeed in an academic or industrial scientific career.
- Ph.D. (obtained or upcoming) in immunology, cancer biology, genomics or computational biology.
- Experience leading at least one project to completion and high impact publication.
- High degrees of scientific rigor, technical proficiency, and motivation
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Expertise in cancer immunology mouse and human experimental techniques.
- Expertise in bulk multi-omic sequencing analyses (RNA-seq, whole-exome sequencing), scRNA-seq data analysis, and familiarity with survival analyses.
- Experience in lung cancer, myeloid cell biology, spatial transcriptomics, and/or high throughput genetic perturbation screens would be advantageous.
Dr. Nabet profiles: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7Z2xtAEAAAAJ&hl=en
Dr. Johnston profiles: https://www.gene.com/scientists/our-scientists/robert-johnston, https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=g0ODkskAAAAJ
For more information about the Postdoctoral Program at Genentech: www.gene.com/careers/university-and-early-career/postdocs
Relocation Assistance provided for this role
Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with customer requirements, the company’s health and safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers Homepage.