U220055 - Academic Scholar - Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor, Pediatrician, Division of Developmental Pediatrics and Rehabilitation, Department of Pediatrics – Pediatrics
The Department of Pediatrics, University at Buffalo (UB), Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and Oishei Children’s Hospital is seeking a Pediatrician to join our team at the Robert Warner Center for Children with Neurodevelopmental Disabilities.
- Primarily outpatient care focused on the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of disabilities/disorders including various forms of developmental delay and learning disorders, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, genetic abnormalities, and behavioral disorders.
- Responsibilities will include teaching residents, medical students and maintaining a clinical schedule.
- Call taken at home
- Faculty appointment at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biological Medicine provides vast opportunities for scholarly work, clinical education, growth and collaboration in a rich academic environment
- Salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits. New graduates or experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
Buffalo offers an impressive array of cultural and recreational opportunities uncommon for a region of its size. Buffalo’s rich cultural resources reflect its distinguished history and commitment to sustaining the arts, including the Grammy Award-winning Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra; the world class collection of modern painting and sculpture at the Albright-Knox Art gallery; an extensive array of historic architectural treasures designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, H.H. Richardson, Louis Sullivan and Eero and Eliel Saarinen; an expansive park system (including Delaware Park) considered to be the very best work of designer Frederick Law Olmsted and a variety of summer festivals. The city is home to the state’s largest concentration of theaters outside of New York City. From the Michigan Street Baptist Church to the Underground Railroad to jazz history at the Colored Musicians Club and museum, Buffalo Has a rich African-American heritage to explore. Buffalo is a family friendly, livable and affordable city with Niagara Falls one of the major tourist attractions of the world a short drive away. Buffalo is close to two significant wine growing regions-Niagara Escarpment and the Finger Lakes region. It was named one of the Top 10 Food cities by National Geographic. Rich in natural resources and beauty, the Buffalo Niagara region is a 4 season region that offers the best for seasonal sports enthusiasts including the NFL’s Buffalo Bills, and the NHL’s Buffalo Sabres.
UBMD Pediatrics is one of 18 practice plans within UBMD Physicians’ Group, the single largest medical group in the area, and supported by 14 pediatric subspecialties. Our physicians also make up the academic teaching faculty within the Department of Pediatrics at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Completion of accredited pediatric residency
- BE/BC in pediatrics
- Physician MD/DO licensed in New York or eligible for medical licensure
- Experience in the evaluation and treatment of neurodevelopmental disabilities
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.