In order to be considered for this position you will need to apply at the school’s website:
Review of applications begins immediately, and position is open until filled. This position has a tentative start date of August 18, 2022 and is a 10 month (full-time) position for the 2022-2023 school year.
The BLS Teaching Assistant supports teachers and children in the classroom, outdoors, and in specialist classes and helps to create an inclusive learning environment for students. The Teaching Assistant provides supervision of children during times when teachers and other staff are meeting. The Teaching Assistant also works in After School Programs (ASP) before and after school and on days when regular classes are not in session, with scheduling and direction provided by the ASP Director.
Salary: starting at $17-$20/hour (DOE)
Catlin Gabel School offers the following benefits to all eligible employees regularly working 20 or more hours (.5 FTE) per week:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan with 6% employer match (2% minimum contribution)
- Life and disability insurance employer paid
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee assistance program for you and your family
- Professional development funds
- Tuition remission for employee children accepted into the academic program
● Supervise students in the classroom, lunchroom, outdoors, at recess, etc.
● Support the teaching team through material preparation, technology support, attention to classroom details, management of student work, and maintenance of the classroom environments
● Supervise and lead some activities in small groups, whole groups, and with individual children across all subject areas
● Demonstrate willingness to learn about and apply conflict resolution, differentiation, classroom/group management strategies, and child development
● Support school efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Provide an inclusive, caring, and responsive environment with respect to children’s individual identities
● Provide care before and after school, on days when regular classes are not in session, and during Community Connections.
● Pursue professional learning opportunities, including 15 hours of professional development every year
● Attend orientations, staff meetings, and training sessions if assigned
● Maintain current certifications for Oregon Child Care Division Central Background Registry, Food Handler, CPR/First Aid certifications, and professional development hours in Oregon Registry Online (ORO)
● AA in education or related field preferred. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
● At least six months of experience implementing activities for young children in childcare and/or educational settings
● Experience working with elementary students with learning differences
● Enrollment in Oregon Office of Child Care’s Central Background Registry
● Food Handlers certificate and current CPR and First Aid certification, or ability to attain within 30 days of hiring date
● Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen
Please apply at: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
COVID-19 Vaccinations are required
Catlin Gabel School is committed to employing the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.