Entry Level Water Engineer
Arcadis is searching for Water Engineers to support and grow our team in Rochester, NY. At Arcadis, our vision of improving quality of life has become our passion and it is through our passion, our people and the work we do with our clients that we are shaping the future of our world, every day. We are looking for dedicated, creative, and energetic candidates interested in tackling challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address water issues such as quality, scarcity, reuse, management, and resilience. Collaborating with our experienced Water Professionals, you will support and drive the development of projects, interact and work with clients, and develop your technical capabilities. Arcadis provides multiple onboarding and development programs created for our young professionals that support professional growth and help drive creativeness, innovation, and greater integration within our local, national and global teams.
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water / wastewater treatment and conveyance (pipelines, treatment, and pumping facilities).
- Exercise judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization
- Support professional engineering services during construction: construction observation, review of shop drawings, responses to request for information (RFIs) and permit closeouts.
- Coordination with manufacturer’s representatives and contractors
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities
- Preparation of reports, presentations, cost estimates, and participation in client meetings
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team
- Flexible attitude towards assignments, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly
- Dependability and an eagerness to take ownership of tasks.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater.
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- EIT Certification or ability to obtain within 6-months