Internal Services and Operations Director
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we're seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Internal Services and Operations Director in the Office of the Deputy Commissioner.
Won't you join us?
The Director, Internal Services & Operations (ISO) provides leadership and strategic vision to key programs within the Georgia Department of Public Health. Specifically, the ISO Director provides operational, managerial, and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operation controls within its area of responsibility. The ISO Director effectively communicates and fosters growth among its respective staff. This vital leadership role drives results and increases the overall efficiency of the programs under its leadership. The ISO Director oversees the Chief Vital Records Officer, Chief Purchasing Officer, Audit Director, and Facilities Director. This position reports to the Deputy Commissioner.
- Provides management to staff and leadership that aligns with the department’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Demonstrates competency in strategic planning and developing goals and objectives to include working with leaders in setting divisional goals and objectives that are consistent with the department’s mission and strategic plan.
- Assists in driving departmental results from both an operational and service-oriented perspective, working closely with the Commissioner and other key executive team members.
- Oversees Internal Services & Operations to include Contracts & Procurement, Vital Records, Facilities and Support Services and Audit offices
- May help lead the recruitment of ELT and other senior leadership positions when necessary.
- Sets challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance, and sustainability among programs of responsibility.
- Creates effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Provides accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the department.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Works with other department ELT on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation of programs.
- Works closely with senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and departmental policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the department.
- Forges strategic partnerships and relationships with stakeholders, vendors, and all other professional business relationships.
- Fosters a growth-oriented, positive, and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Convenes multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions.
- Supervises ISO management team and administrative staff, managing compliance with rules, regulations, and policies.
- Contributes in developing, implementing, and managing procedures to promote communication and adequate information flow within the agency and its partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- MBA, MPH, MHA, or equivalent preferred.
- 5-10 years of executive level operational experience required.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience of mid to senior level management.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
- Budgeting and/or financial focused mindset helpful.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.