Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
East End House (“EEH”) is seeking an energetic detail-oriented Administrative Assistant and Manager to help support the basic operations and daily business of the organization. This position is a 40-hour a week position, with benefits, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. This position will focus on providing critical support with administrative and office operations, including receiving and monitoring guests, answering phones, composing and typing correspondence and other documents, and performing other functions. East End House is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive compensation packages.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Implement office operations and procedures
- Oversees reception duties, including answering phones and greeting consumers, families and guests
- Control agency mailing and correspondence
- Manage supply requisition process
- Maintain office equipment, including liaising with relevant contractors and service providers
- Assist and support bookkeeping and accounting functions, including assisting with tasks related accounts payables and receivables
- Organize and maintain agency files Serve as a liaison with vendors, including maintenance, electricians, plumbers, etc.
- Draft work orders & communicate with maintenance worker, being sure that all work orders & requests are appropriately documented
- Keep an inventory and purchase office and cleaning supplies
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Development with administrative, marketing and development functions as needed
- Assist Program Directors with program specific tasks as needed
- Gather time sheet data and process payroll
- Monitor and maintain personnel records including electronic files, vacation and sick time, and employee benefits
- Manage annual audit of personnel files
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and updated for all receipts, disbursements, invoices, contracts, etc.
- Ensure protection and security of files and records
- Ensure effective transfer of files and records
- Transfer and dispose records according to retention schedules and policies
- Compose and type letters and other documents
Additional Job Functions
- Assists with general agency functions and logistics planning
- Maintain a pleasant work environment
- Perform other functions as needed
- Oversee facility and grounds, parking lot, repair and maintenance related functions and interface with respective vendors, including pest management, professional cleaning company, electricians, and other facility management related issues and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years’ equivalent experience
- Professionalism and excellent people skills; customer service-focused
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail required
- Demonstrated skill working with financial information and maintaining records
- Proficiency in Quick Books, Excel and Word preferred
- Highly proactive and action-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks assigned
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Desire for professional growth and to accept increasing responsibilities
- A Criminal Offenders Records Information and Sexual Offenders Records Information request must be completed
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Michael Delia at East End House, 105 Spring Street, Cambridge, MA 02141. Electronic submissions may be made to: email@example.com.
East End House provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, East End House complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.