Procurement Training and Development Manager
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the entire population as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we're seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Procurement Training and Development Manager, Procurement and Contracting Services.
Won't you join us?
Under the broad supervision of the Director of Procurement and Contracting Services, the Procurement Training and Development Manager is responsible for end-to-end procurement training agency wide.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and coordinates functional/technical training strategy for the Procurement and Contracting Services (P&C) team with input from the P&C Leadership
- Oversees training and learning outcomes in relation to functional and/or technical training activities.
- Develops, implements and facilitates learning in multiple formats (e.g., classroom, virtual, recorded) focused on state and agency-level procurement
- Develops curriculum through use of instructional design techniques; includes creating learning support materials (e.g., multimedia visual aids, e-learning, newsletters, and training manuals, reference materials)
- Supports coaching efforts around leadership development and performance management for P&C staff
- Acts as project/program manager as needed to ensure learning programs are rolled out effectively
- Develops and monitors evaluation procedures to assess effectiveness of learning programs, and present program feedback accordingly
- Applies professional knowledge of the procurement field to include the Georgia Procurement Manual (GPM) and related rules and regulations to ensure standards are met for end-to-end learning and development
Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of supervisory experience in area of assignment
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of management experience in area of assignment
Six years of experience required in area of assignment AND One year of management experience in area of assignment.