Senior Principal Applications Engineer
Senior Principal Applications Engineer
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for technical sales inquiries and direct product support. A vast majority of customer applications will be for testing in the RF and mmW bandwidths. This position partners with the Sales Channel or works directly with customers in the pre and post sales process to identify customer needs and support products at a very technical level. Product and application training to users of FormFactor products in the field is a key function of this position. This position is targeted for someone residing in the northern California Bay Area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Predominant focus on the electrical aspects of the product and customer application with particular emphasis on RF and mmW technologies.
- Provides pre-sale support by assessing customer needs and offering the ideal wafer probing solution.
- Provides post-sales support through customer training and equipment set-up for an optimized wafer probing solution.
- Functions as a cross-functional mediator between the customer or Sales Channel and Product Engineering.
- Performs product and application training seminars for customers and sales channels.
- Participates in trade shows to demonstrate and promote products.
- Makes recommendations regarding product improvement, new products and quality.
- Provides input on business trends and new product opportunities.
- Sorts through multiple demands and independently sets priorities based on customer and business dynamics.
- Is required to travel up to 30% of the time, occasionally with no advanced notice.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or bachelor’s with appropriate experience
- 2 to 5 years of RF experience in test and measurement engineering, application engineering or product engineering
- Must have experience in RF/Microwave measurements (e.g. scattering parameter measurements using a Vector Network Analyzer) with on-wafer probing experience, RF simulation software and calibration techniques being highly desirable.
- Computer literate, with experience using design and layout software is beneficial in this position.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization and with individuals of various degrees of technical knowledge and ability.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.