High School Math Teacher (Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, Etc. Courses)
At West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science, our goal is clear; to create an environment where children advance in learning because they learn through discovery.
Wonder what it would be like to go snowshoeing through a maple forest? Or what it may be like to cook fresh homemade pizza in a mud oven? Students at WMAES don't wonder they know! We give our students 62-acres of an outdoor classroom to expand their love of learning. Working gardens, nature trails, forests, wetlands and prairies are all available for students to explore. WMAES students transition from desks to dirt, creating an environment for all students to learn.
Our students reap the additional benefits of programs and practices such as: STEAM programming, character education, accelerated learning, differentiated instruction and positive school culture all hallmarks of an effective charter school education.
#EnviroKids are creating a better tomorrow.
Why West Michigan?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewI39W4Rgw&feature=youtu.be
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science strives to provide an environment that will foster creativity, promote academic achievement, and develop sound character and citizenship principles emphasizing responsibility to the environment and society, while maintaining and improving each child's self-esteem and self-concept.
High School Math Teacher (9-12th Grade)
*Teaching Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, Etc. classes.*
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science
4463 Leonard St. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49534
- Valid Michigan Teacher Certificate with appropriate endorsement: Mathematics (EX) OR in an alternative education program to acquire the proper endorsement.
- Demonstrated competence as a teacher.
- Able to use technology as an instructional tool in the classroom, as a means of analyzing academic achievement data, and as a tool to aid effective communications.
- Computer literate - familiar with educational software such as PowerSchool, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written expression.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a collaborative environment with students and staff in an urban environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and 401(K)!
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid time off
- Education Tuition Reimbursement available.
- Employee Assistance Program available.
To provide students with a first class learning experience, contributing to their development as responsible citizens and leaders in their communities.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
To apply, please visit: https://choice.workbrightats.com/jobs/ Once on this website, if applying from a computer the start of the application is to the right of your screen under "Apply Now". If on your mobile device, please scroll to the bottom of the job posting to view the first step of the application under "Apply Now".
Please contact Sara Hogle, Senior Human Resources Generalist, directly with questions at email@example.com
Choice Schools is a team of educators, literacy specialists, student advocates and many other professions, but first and foremost, we are parents, moms, dads, guardians, grandparents, aunts and uncles who love kids. As a nationally accredited and regionally recognized full-service education service provider, student learning is our organization's mission. We provide a student-focused approach to customized school operations support, including instruction, finance, compliance, communications, human resources, enrollment, curriculum and professional development. Our student-centric philosophy drives us to the path to greatness, allowing everyone - students, staff, teachers, board members and stakeholders to thrive. After more than 20 years of serving diverse models of schools, Choice is committed to being Michigan's most trusted education service provider with the highest-performing schools.
Choice is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. Please visit www.choiceschools.com for more information. EEOC