Fall Internship - Health Policy
CMS values the contributions made by students of all backgrounds. We continually benefit from a diverse workforce that includes students and recent graduates who infuse the workplace with their enthusiasm, talents, and unique perspectives.
About the role:
As a Health Policy Intern (HEALTH INSURANCE), you will apply standard health insurance principles and practices of the organization.
$21.44 - $26.33 per hour
What you'll do:
- Locate, collect, prepare, review, and verify routine documents and published reports.
- Perform support tasks such as arranging scientific data and analysis information into tabular or graphic format, entering data into computer spreadsheets or analysis programs.
- Conduct specified analyses and summarize information in charts, tables, and written form.
- Draft recommendations on these program issues and provide them to management or a senior specialist for review.
- Ensure that documents are written in the appropriate style for their intended purpose(s).
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
- You must be 16 years old to be employed by the Federal government.
- You must be a graduate degree student on at least a part-time basis as determined by the academic institution.
- Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended. OR eligibility under Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement:
Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement: NOTE: If you are claiming S.A.A. you must provide an unofficial transcript at the time of application that documents this claim:
- A grade-point average of "B" (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9.
- A grade-point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all required courses completed in your major field of study, or those required courses in your major completed in the last two years of your undergraduate study.
- Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
- Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies
TRANSCRIPTS are required at the time of application to verify satisfactory completion of education as part of the program eligibility and qualification requirements. You must submit an unofficial transcript from your Institution attesting to your possession of the required education. All unofficial transcripts must include the following: current overall GPA, enrollment status, major, and the number of credits for each course. If you do not submit a transcript indicating your possession of the required education, you will not be considered for this position.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Apply by 8/04/22!