Stepping Stones is a nonprofit organization that has proudly served the Greater Cincinnati community since 1963. Throughout the year, we operate a variety of programs for children, teens and adults with disabilities that support them on the pathway to independence.
Our unique Step-Up Alternative Education program was founded in 2004 as the first of its kind in the region. In Step Up, we partner with multiple local school districts to provide an alternative education placement for students who are unable to succeed in a typical classroom.
Stepping outside of their home school district, the students we serve continue their studies on a scenic 23-acre campus that offers a sensory-friendly learning environment.
We are currently recruiting a full-time Intervention Specialist to follow Ohio Extended State Standards while maintaining classroom organization and structure.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with school districts, providers, educational aides and parents.
- Plan meaningful lessons that meet student IEP goals and Ohio Extended Learning Standards
- Involve parents and home school to the degree necessary to continue providing a quality education for each student.
- Assist school psychologists with the development of an ETR
- Administer Ohio Alternative Assessment as needed
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all documents and personal information
- Develop Individual Education Plans, Behavioral Plans and Functional Behavior Assessments
- Monitor progress and report on student IEP goals monthly
- Demonstrate a collaborative relationship with educational aides through modeling and corrective feedback
- Complete IEPs for all students as assigned
- Complete progress reports for students monthly
- Conduct alternative assessments on all assigned students
- Complete initial and yearly evaluations on educational aides
- Complete Crisis Plans, FBA and BIPs for new students and current students as necessary
WORK HOURS: This is a full-time position working weekdays throughout the year
WORK LOCATION: Given Campus — 5650 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Special Education
- Current K-12 State of Ohio license as moderate/intense Intervention Specialist
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with educational aides and other support staff
- Trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) or the ability to successfully complete training
- Salary started at $50,000 annually
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- Eligibility in tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness programs
- Generous paid time off