Water Engineer/Hydraulic Modeler
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs engineering activities for water distribution, wastewater collection system and stormwater modeling, evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies, design and construction.
- Exercises independent judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Work may also include a variety of other w/ww infrastructure, including water and wastewater treatment and water / wastewater facilities design, utilities assessments and design.
- Produces and reviews technical reports, construction documents, specifications and creates bid packages and cost estimates for projects.
- Assists others with defining scope of work and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a strong understanding of business line and industry requirements.
- Ensures project compliance with all Arcadis’ practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitates coordination for timely completion and submission of project deliverables.
- Regular participation with industry Association’s; attending workshops, making presentations and reviewing professional publications.
Desired Skills/ Attributes
- Hydraulic modeling & engineering experience for evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies and modeling (SWMM & C++ experience preferred) of water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; public speaking/presenting, effective communication with team members, clients and other stakeholders
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations
- Experience with HEC-RAS Modeling, HSMs Modeling, Groundwater Unsaturated Zone modeling, CFD Modeling, Sediment Transport
Qualifications & Experience:
- MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering+ 1 yr experience
- MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Engineer in Training Certification (EIT) or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Previous internship experience with an engineering consulting firm, municipality or other closely related work
- HEC-RAS Modeling
- HSMs Modeling
- Groundwater Unsaturated Zone modeling
- CFD Modeling
- Sediment Transport