Senior Cyber Espionage Threat Analyst (Remote)
Mandiant is seeking a Threat Analyst to join our Cyber Espionage Intelligence team. The Cyber Espionage team identifies, tracks and reports on nation state sponsored cyber espionage (APT) activity worldwided. This work supports corporate and government clients and other divisions of Mandiant.
The analyst will play an important role on our team, leading investigation and analysis of nation-state threats. The position will lead in-depth research into state sponsored espionage campaigns and trends, and at times will involve cross team collaboration with other Analysis teams, including Financial Crime, Cyber Physical, IO. This will involve working with analysts and researchers on the CE team, as well as consultants, and other stakeholders throughout Mandiant and across the information security community.
The role will effectively and efficiently work alongside the technical and threat analysts on the Cyber Espionage Team to produce timely, thorough and actionable reporting offered through Mandiant’s Advantage Platform.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct and lead comprehensive research into the Tactics, Techniques and. Procedures (TTPs) and motivation of state sponsored espionage campaigns and actors
- Produce and review high-quality written reporting on state sponsored espionage
- Conduct high profile briefings to inform and present
- Mandiant’s findings to our customers and stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of geopolitical trends affecting the cyber threat landscape, including cyber operations and missions, vulnerabilities, malware development, third-party risk, geopolitics, and significant global events
- 5+ years Leading Investigations into Espionage Activity
- Experience Generating novel leads on espionage activity
- Experience tracking adversaries via network infrastructure
- Experience correlating and attributing malicious activity
- Experience with finished threat intelligence
- Experience working across teams and organizations to build a comprehensive picture of state sponsored activity
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
- Experience presenting complex technical topics for a general audience.
- Experience communicating complex assessments to a broad audience
- Experience writing concise and clear descriptions of cyber espionage activity
- Experience briefing high level customers on state activity and its significance for their entities.
- Experience identifying and prioritizing cyber threats for investigation.
- Experience with the creation of file, host, and network signatures leveraging multiple malware and network detection platforms
- Experience developing tools to uncover targeted activity leveraging large data sets
- Experience producing finished intelligence products for multiple audiences
- Experience mentoring and supervising junior analysts
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Benefits: Whether you are just starting your career, reaching a milestone, or gearing up for retirement, we offer plans and programs to keep you happy and healthy at any stage of life. We regularly evaluate our options to make sure they’ve got everything you need. Part of what makes Mandiant great is our diverse team, and we’ve made it our priority to provide benefits that support you on your individual journey at work and at home. Mandiant subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.