About the Company: Meridian is a full-service real estate owner, operator, and investor specializing in high quality and brand enhancing developments in the healthcare and life science industry. Our history has been built on the delivery of successful healthcare projects, including approximately 3,000,000 million square feet on over 15 campuses and 115-plus buildings. To find out more about the company, visit https://mpcca.com/about-us.
The Acquisitions Analyst’s primary duties will include analyzing prospective value-add and development real estate investment opportunities, preparing investment packages, conducting desktop and field research, executing site searches, and assisting with the oversight of Meridian’s portfolio of assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Run financial models on investment opportunities utilizing Argus and Excel.
- Assist in preparing investment packages for both internal and outside capital.
- Conduct site searches using CoStar, LoopNet, and Title to uncover potential ground-up development and tenant-in-tow investment opportunities.
- Analyze prospective deals and evaluate them relative to the respective market at both a desktop level (CoStar, LoopNet, Offering Memorandums), as well as in the field (site tours, property visits).
- Analyze market stats and demographic data.
- Obtain/investigate lease and sale comps as needed for analysis, recommendation, and underwriting of prospective properties.
- Populate quarterly asset management reports.
- Assist with disposition and refinance analyses when needed for Meridian’s existing portfolio of assets.
- Assist with miscellaneous business development, corporate finance, and marketing tasks to increase deal flow and operational efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in real estate, finance, capital markets or investing.
- Self-starter with the ability to be detail orientated.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and simultaneously coordinate multiple tasks.
Other Important Data
- Hybrid work schedule - Analyst will work out of Meridian’s Lafayette (CA) headquarters an estimated 1-2 times per week.