HALO Home Relief Staff (PRN)
Position type: Relief staff (PRN) will be on-call status filling in as shifts come open due to full time and/or regular part time staff being out sick, on vacation, attending trainings and more.
Hourly Pay: $10/hr. Please note, there is no guarantee of hours of work per week as Relief Staff. HALO has a need for day/evening/overnight hours of work as shifts are open and Relief staff are available to fill shifts.
Help one more child spend one less day alone. HALO is a transitional home for homeless teenage girls and their children. This role models the HALO purpose that every child should have the support of a family. HALO is looking for applicants with experience working with at-risk youth, and who enjoy activity and interaction with residents and their children.
FEMALE APPLICANTS ONLY. Minimum 21 years of age. is open 24/7, 365 days a year. Work schedule will rotate weekdays, weekends and holidays as shifts become available.
- Actively engage with residents and their dependents and form trusting relationships with them
- Encourage/empower residents as they go through the program, with the goal of helping them becoming contributing members of their community
- Be available to assist residents as needed, such as: drive them to school, or doctor appointments on an as needed basis and assist them with any issues they have with their living space, participate in daily room checks, supervision of daily assigned chores.
- Help to implement daily Life Skills classes and art projects
- Participate in all programs, field trips, and activities with residents when on shift
- Guide youth through steps to reach long and short-term goals
- Facilitate and participate in evening and weekend activities.
- Should a resident break any rule(s) or an emergency situation occurs, report the occurrence to the Senior Youth Advocate and take the proper steps outlined in the Policy Handbook.
- Manage Volunteers and Interns during shifts
- Relief Staff is committed to HALOs mission of helping one more child spend one less day alone. Must have obtained a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, particularly in Social Work or Human Services Field. Background in counseling or case management a plus.
- Must have obtained a minimum of a high school diploma. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Understanding of the HALO Mission, and a willingness to help make HALO a better place each day
- Must pass Med-Tech Certification and CPR Certification, and Class E license as provided by HALO
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage projects, track maintenance inspections, use a mobile phone clock in/out, comfortable with computers and basic software systems
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a background check
- Must be able to lift 25lbs. and walk flights of stairs
- Must be at least 21 years of age