Human Resources Manager: Compliance & People Services (Nonprofit Child and Family Agency)
*Now offering a $2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
The Seneca Human Resources team strives to provide people-centered, responsive and knowledgeable support for our employees. We are currently seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager to oversee our Compliance and People Services. As an HR Manager, you will draw upon your human resources-related compliance knowledge to lead Seneca's HR People Services team, and you will collaborate with other members of the HR leadership team to develop and oversee HR-related policies and processes. The HR Manager engages with Seneca employees throughout the agency. After becoming an expert in Seneca's programs and policies, you will draw upon your compliance knowledge to proactively train and guide Seneca's program leaders in HR-related matters. If you are a detail-oriented human resources manager with strong organizational skills and a passion to utilize technology to support HR processes, this could be the role for you!
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that welcomes and celebrates all dimensions of diversity! Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Manage and oversee Human Resource compliance processes, consistent with federal and (multi)state laws/regulations, and agency priorities, policies and procedures.
- Supervise Seneca's benefits, compliance, and onboarding specialists.
- Update HR systems according to statute changes and all applicable rules, regulations and policies as directed by all regulatory bodies including Community Care Licensing, the Department of Education, Medi-Cal, etc.
- Implement processes that ensure timely compliance with all regulatory requirements via reports, notifications, and communication with employees and managers.
- Create, run, and distribute compliance reports for county partners, program leaders, and regulatory bodies.
- Conduct audits of systems, procedures, policies, and workflows to ensure efficiencies and legal compliance.
- Implement and review data integrity audit functions and create processes to improve the accuracy of data input into the system of record.
- Manage assigned direct reports, including general leadership, planning, organizing, and reviewing.
- Research employee-related legislative and regulatory changes, and work with Seneca’s HR leadership team to ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, and practices.
- Regularly monitor recommend changes to existing policies and draft and/or develop new policies based on legislative and regulatory developments, and partner with HR leadership team to provide guidance, notification and communication to employees and managers when necessary.
- Prepare and deliver user-friendly compliance-related training and communications to employees.
- Experience/education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of applicable experience OR
- Associates + 3 years of applicable experience OR
- High school diploma + 5 years of applicable experience
- Applicable experience includes full-time employment in a Human Resources role
- SHRM-CP or comparable certification preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law and regulatory requirements.
- Experience using HRIS systems to maintain compliance required; experience using UKG / UltiPro a plus.
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to create and maintain complex reports with large data sets.
- Experience supervising a staff team, including the ability to build positive team morale while meeting or exceeding administrative expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prioritize, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to partner with internal HR team members and program leaders to drive compliance and HR-related projects forward.
- Valid California driver’s license and insurability through Seneca’s automobile policy.
- Proof of up to date COVID-19 vaccinations and booster.
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm.
- Hybrid work schedule (onsite 1 day per week) with flexibility for remote work options.
- Starting at $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- 5 weeks of Paid Time off and 11 Paid Holidays.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan.
- 403b Retirement Plan.
- Professional development and scholarship opportunities.
- Abundant promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington.
*Please apply directly through our website, by clicking here!*