Corporate Volunteer Project Manager
About Boston Cares: Boston Cares partners with nonprofits and schools to expand their impact by mobilizing diverse people to collaboratively address our community’s critical needs. Founded in 1991, Boston Cares has mobilized people to provide over 1.3 million hours of service to the Greater Boston community addressing education and economic opportunity gaps, providing basic daily needs, connecting community members, and more. Our primary programs include our Hands At Work corporate engagement services providing customized project management for 60+ companies annually; our signature Calendar program engaging over 4000 individuals in flexible volunteer opportunities; and our Allies for Immigrants program providing English language tutors to immigrants. In 2022, we’re rolling out a new strategic plan focusing on impact, equity, and the role volunteerism can play in building strong, resilient communities.
Learn more at www.bostoncares.org.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement and working closely in collaboration with a small team, the Corporate Volunteer Project Manager will play an integral role in the development and delivery of successful, high-impact service projects engaging employees from Boston Cares corporate partners.
Key responsibilities of the Corporate Volunteer Project Manager will include:
- Working closely with members of the Corporate Team and our agency and school partners to identify, develop and implement high-impact service opportunities for large scale days of service, including:
- Sourcing and developing hands-on and impact consulting projects and opportunities at schools and nonprofit agencies, including painting, landscaping, carpentry, and opportunities to directly support students/clients
- Providing project options for partners and adjusting as needed to fit requests while serving the needs of agencies/schools
- Developing comprehensive project task lists, logistical plans, and clear instructions for Project Leaders and volunteers
- Recruiting, scheduling and training on-site Corporate Project Leaders; ensuring leadership is prepared to manage project tasks and has adequate support
- Coordinating logistical plans for delivery of project, including project prep and wrap up, and sourcing & packing of project supplies
- Collecting and reporting on project data using Salesforce based data system; providing narrative reports to Senior Manager for distribution to partners
- Serving as a primary point of contact for the per diem Corporate Project Leader corps, including regular recruitment, training, scheduling and processing of time sheets
- Alongside the Senior Manager and Director of Corporate and Community Engagement, lead the development & growth of special initiatives and events, including the Bed Project and STEM Fair
- Providing project and logistics expertise for large-scale service events such as MLK Day of Service
- Implementing new processes for efficiency and project success with the Senior Manager
- Supporting organization-wide initiatives as needed
Additionally, the Corporate Volunteer Project Manager will:
- Be an active member of the Boston Cares staff team
- Engage with Board and Staff to further Boston Cares’ equity and inclusion goals
- Represent Boston Cares externally at service projects, with agency and corporate partners, and at other events
- 1-3 years’ experience working with volunteers and/or non-profit programming
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Familiarity with tasks such as painting, landscaping, and carpentry
- Passion for volunteering and community engagement
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage many moving projects at once
- Ability to learn quickly on the job and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Occasional evening and weekend availability
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project from start to finish
- Ability to lift and move project supplies (up to 50 lbs) and be standing throughout the day
- Valid driver’s license; comfortable driving cargo vans and 10-14’ trucks
- Fully vaccinated per CDC definition
Compensation & benefits: Annual salary starting at $44,000, generous & flexible PTO policy, employer supported health & dental insurance, basic life insurance, optional additional coverage, and more. Boston Cares currently offers a hybrid work environment with expectations for staff to be in our Charlestown office 2-3 days/week.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Laura Keith at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to fill an immediate opening. No phone calls please.
Boston Cares offers Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.